VACANCY NOTICE NO: INTERNSHIP/2022/WCRP SI 3
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
20 December 2022
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTY
1 February 2023
or as soon as possible thereafter
NATURE OF APPOINTMENT
World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)
Science and Innovation Department
| WMO is committed to achieving diversity and a balanced workforce. Applications are welcome from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities. The statutory retirement age after 1 January 2014 is 65. For external applicants, only those who are expected to complete the term of appointment will normally be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the primary supervision of the Head, but working closely with the Science and Communications Officer of the World Climate Research Division, the intern will perform the following duties:
- Support the production of science communication materials such as newsletters, brochures, and circulars for key WCRP activities (regular newsletters produced, brochures and circulars produced as needed)
- Content production for the WCRP and WCRP portion of the WMO website, as well as social media platforms, disseminating news and events (regular news items and social media content produced)
- Assist in providing logistical support to meetings and activities of the WCRP Lighthouse Activities (www.wcrp-climate.org/lha-overview), including "The WCRP Academy", "Safe Landing Climates" and "My Climate Risk" (meetings and activities supported)
- Support cross-department communication and outreach activities, including providing WCRP inputs to SI Department briefs, events, and other communications products.
- Any other duties as required
BSc or equivalent in environmental sciences, science (natural or social) or communications.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the internship programme
- Proficient knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and common audio and video software applications
- Experience of working with websites and social media platforms is desirable
- Experience of working with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is desirable
Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) is essential. Knowledge of the other official languages of WMO would be an advantage
(Note: The official languages of the Organization are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.)
|The Secretary-General may appoint a candidate at a grade below the advertised grade of the post, with the possibility of promotion to that grade within three years of appointment, subject to satisfactory appraisal of performance.
Only applicants in whom WMO has a further interest will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit a written assessment and/or an interview.
|Date of issue of vacancy notice:
22 November 2022
This vacancy is shown for viewing only. Please follow instructions within the announcement if it is open for application.